Lately I have been sooo frustrated with the length of my hair. Like, everyone else at my school and just everyone in general has thick, luscious long, long, long, long, and extremely long locks! I want long hair so bad! And I’ve been growing my hair out for over a year, and I swear it’s the same length it was a year ago..So, I’m legitimately desperate for long hair and here are some of the home remedies I found:
Hot Oil Messages:
Giving yourself hot oil massages on your scalp a couples times a week really help your hair to grow. It helps circulate blood flow to the scalp, thus, quickening the process of hair growth. Also, using oil makes your hair really soft and shiny. You can use many oils including: coconut, rosemary grapeseed, and olive oil.
- Select your oil of choice.
- Massage it into your hair.
- Wrap your head in cellophane or plastic wrap.
- Leave the oil in your hair for 30 mins.
- Wash as normal and style as normal.
Potato Hair Mask:
Yes, potato.. weird. But, potatoes are known to help make hair grow, it’s especially helpful with hair loss. From the reviews I found this is one of the best re,edies for hair growth, so, I would def give this one a try.
- Add the juice of 3 potatoes, one egg yolk, and 3 tbs of honey.
- Mix it all together.
- Apply the mixture on somewhat damp hair.
- Leave it on for 30 mins-1 hour.
- Wash hair as usual with warm water..
- Style as usual.
Note: Do this once a week for a month and you should see results.
Olive Oil and Orange Juice:
- Mix equal amount of orange juice and olive oil
- Warm this potion in the microwave for about 20 seconds
- Apply to hair, and leave in for about 30 mins.
- Wash hair and style as usual.
Avocado and Mayonnaise Hair Mask: Moisturized hair is the key to getting long hair. And, both avocado and mayo are huge natural moisturizers.
- Mix half a avocado and 1/4 a cup of mayonnaise, and mix it together.
- Apply mixture to hair.
- Leave on hair for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Style as usual.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Don’t brush your hair when it is wet. That causes major damage and damaged hair ain’t gunna grow!
- Get a trim every 6 weeks, trust me it makes a difference.
- Deep condition your hair 1-2 times a week.
- I personally like the shampoo and conditioner called “Mane n’ Tail.” It’s helped some of my friends and me a couple years back with my hair growth.
- Take some hair and nail vitamins! They also give your hair nutrients it needs. Even prenatal vitamins work too, because they have fish oil.
- Drink lots of water. Hydrated hair = happy hair.
- Eat foods high in protein.